Sunday 7 October 2018

American Continental Units 1779


One of my other purchases recently was two boxes of Italeri American Continental Units. My goal is to paint up some more American units for the main campaign for the later part of the Revolution.
My British units could also use some extra but as a large amount of Highlanders and Light infantry were bought, the Americans need some recruitment and training.

So far with the two boxes of infantry I bought, I was able to make five infantry regiments.
One regiment I have painted in blue coats to be faced buff with white waistcoats and breeches.
The other regimental coats I will paint as blue faced red. The majority of the units I shall paint up for the Virginia Line, the Maryland Line and Pennsylvania

10/22/2018 update
I have taken a look at my units I have painted and mounted and have found I have about five brigades of infantry!

This means I can field an army for Saratoga, Philidelphia, and Monmouth.
As I paint up my units I shall of course be adding pictures.
I've found some of my resource books are all over the place on what the units wore, or the condition they were in.
I have reflected this in the choice of colour in the breeches in some units. I have also painted up a few units in captured uniforms or a mix of uniforms.

It's been fun to find the information, base and paint the units. Most will be of the blue faced red variety.

Eventually, I may build some more units for cavalry, Lights and such. I have enough artillery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.