Tuesday 5 March 2019

Darnah, Algeria, 1805

Minature Wargames have a scenario between US Naval troops against Ottoman Corsairs. The conflict came about when the Americans didn't want to continue to pay Barbary Deys protection money.

US forces consist of
2 guns with crew,
6 Turkish warriors Capt. Eaton

Lt. O'Bannon
30 figures mix of Marines, sailors

Derna castle: 40 Muslim warriors

The article lists a large amount of Turkish troops, but I will be using my Muslims troops as the defenders.
 I will model the defences with the tan coloured blocks I picked up as I have traded my Airfix desert fort to a fellow collector
I've been able to build up the North African forces and some terrain for this battle so sometime in 2021 I shall do this action 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.