Sunday 1 April 2012

Assault vest kit or Emergency stuff

Last Friday, March 29, 2012 I cycled about 30 km round trip. I cycled down to one of my favourite shops Wild One, which is a Japanese outdoor and camping shop. It's choc a bloc full of everything you need for camping, fishing, hiking, canoeing etc. I also stopped at another outdoor shop named L-Breath. Their slogan is "feel the earth, open-air sports" I was able to pick up the following items.
An Espit hexa-block stove. My Dad used these when he was attached to 4th Battalion (TA) Royal Green Jackets back in the summer of 1974. I also picked up some Sporks made by a Swedish company. I also found a water proof match case which I have back in Canada, but didn't have here. As a back up, I also have included a lighter.
Slowly but surely I'm getting my emergency gear together.
My vest was a Christmas present back about 1986. It was made in Korea, which is where I ended up ten years later. The name tag I got from a Canadian military supply company which name I seem to have forgotten at the moment.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.