Sunday 1 September 2013

Asakusa Samba Carnival 2013

On Saturday, August 31, 2013, my family took part in the Asakusa Samba Carnival. My kids were part of a Matsudo contingent. While they were chaning and advancing up the streets, my wife and I checked out Senso-Ji, a temple which began in 645 and is dedicated to Kannon, the Buddhist goddess of mercy.

My wife, Emi and I outside one of the gates leading to Nakamise Dori, I wore my Che t-shirt in honor of the South American theme on the streets.

This was the first part of the group my kids were in. They were on a float, which can be seen on my youtube channel japanesehighlander as G Friends Dance Club in Asakusa Samba Carnival.

Leena, Ian and Emi enjoying some Kakigori, Snowcones with cola syrup! Mine was Lemon! It was pretty hot, about 34c inside a major city.
I have some other shots of the Carnival, which I will upload after my wife shows me how to with our other camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.