Sunday 6 April 2014

My love of hot food, curries, salsas, cutneys, sauces.

I developed a taste for spicy food in my teens. I first discouvered Mexican Tacos from Old El Paso, www.oldelpaso.com sold in the supermarkets in Nova Scotia. I then enjoyed Tabassco, www.tabasci.com however, with my kidneys, I am on a low sodium diet, so I decided to look for other hot sauces.
Blairs is one of them.  www.extremefood.com My favorite of theirs is Sudden Death Sauce with jolokia.
I also discouvered South-East Asian and Indian curries while living in Japan.
My most recent discouvery is Great Heart of Africa Extra Hot Piri-Piri Sauce www.greatheartofafrica.com  which I picked up at ab AEON shop in Funabashi. It hadn't sold, so was on sale.


I also picked up Yeo's Singapore Chilli Sauce for Hainanese Chicken Rice www.yeos.com.sg


When it comes to Indian curries, I use either Sharwood's www.sharwoods.com Pataks www.pataks.co.uk and Asian Home Gourmet www.asianhomegourmet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.