Friday 26 July 2019

Over the hills and far away: UK assault on South Africa 1807

Inspiration from my favorite author and the old osprey publishing book on the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.
This project I plan on doing during 2020, I got sidetracked in 2019.
My research will be to fill out units for the Dutch, the British are mostly ready to go.

The Dutch troops will be a mix of my blue coated American's who wore a similiar uniform to the dutch, and adding in some AWI militia types as I'm sure that the Dutch settlers were not up on the fashions, having spent most of their time trying to farm to survive.

My British force will be a mix of the 1790s and 1800 troops that I still have.
more to come hopefully shortly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.