Saturday 15 November 2014

Beginnings and Endings

I'm at a bit of a crossroads. This year has been full of personal hardships which have impacted me more than I care to admit. I have had two major personal setbacks, one the passing of my mum and the second, a change in direction in my career.
I need to seriously think about if I want to remain in Japan or return to Canada. As many visitors have noticed, I have slacked off on black powder gamming. I believe this might be a sign that all is not well. However, my son and I have jumped in headfirst into World War Two gamming.

I still have plans for some 18th century games once my holidays come up, but real life may impact this. I will need to devote more time in the search of employment to start in April 2015.

I guess I've hit a bit of a mid life crisis. However for me, its not a simple as buying a ticket and flying home. I have a wife and children to consider.
Worst case scenario is that I return home solo to set up life, then bring them over. That would be more difficult. Also, setting myself up back home would be tough as I'd need to get myself transport plus insurance. Then a half-decent job.
Oh well, it can be a bit of an adventure, just a bit of a stressful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.