Sunday 26 August 2012

Salamanca 1812 refight

I've fought this battle in miniature about 3 times. I have published one scenario on the www.juniorgeneral.org website and have also added two video clips on my youtube channel, japanesehighlander.
The first time I fought this battle was when I was up in Toyama, on my living room floor. It was interesting, but I quickly found out that the way I had based my troops didn't leave for flexible movement. I had based each unit as a brigade, which was fine when deploying as a column but it wasn't so great when I then deployed them in line to fire as I then had to try and fit my units together.
I then rebased all of my units save for one on small bits of wood most measuring about 3cm long each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.