Sunday 21 October 2012

I can't believe I haven't listed these yet

Slowly over time, I have been collecting historical films.
So far I have:
Barry Lyndon
Robin Hood (2010)
Rob Roy: for me, by far the best sword fight ever!
Braveheart (a good story but not historical)
Master and Commander: pretty interesting view of boarding fighting ships
Horatio Hornblower, interesting series of films,
The Trench,
Saving Private Ryan: the only thing to mar this flick is dispariging remarks about the British and Canadians. We took most of our objectives that day, advancing farthest of all the allies.
The Last Samurai: a little slight interpretation, it was the French not the Americans who helped the Japanese fight
Revolution
The Scarlet Letter (1994)
Last of the Mohicans (1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.