Thursday 14 March 2013

My Jacobite Army 1689-1746

When I was 7, my father was able to get a copy of BBC's film, Culloden. I was shocked to see how well done the film was done, and it was in black and white!
 Myself in a Culloden tartan coat circa 1745-46.


Ever since then, I became interested in the Jacobite Rebellions.

About the early 1990's, I was able to obtain Osprey Campaign's first work on Culloden and it piqued my interest further. I wanted to wargame it. However, finding fiures was difficult.
I first looked into buying metal ones. Cost was the main factor.

Finally, Christmas of 2011, I bought a Jacobite army from Click for larger image
 Click for larger image, Click for larger image, Click for larger image
. I've been painting this up ever since.

My painting guides consist of Osprey The Scottish Jacobite Army 1745-46, Culloden 1746 and Jacobite Highlander.

The figures are a mix of Mars, GerMan and Strelets. My painted figures I will add, as I get them painted.
Clan Cameron. This clan regiment went into battle at Prestonpans in 1745 carrying this colour.

Lord Kilmarnock's Foot guards

Not sure on these

Not sure who they are

Appin Regiment

Left to right: Farquharsons of Monaltries Battalion, John Gordon of Avochie's Battalion, John Roy Stuart's Regiment, Duke of Perth's Regiment
Lord Ogilvie's Regiment
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.